Responsible and Ethical Use of the Information
- The HR industry is constantly evolving with new regulations and compliance issues relating to hiring and screening practices. In addition to operating in full compliance with all state and federal governing standards, we are devoted to ensuring that you are in compliance and informed in this dynamic environment. We strongly promote the responsible and ethical dissemination and use of the personal information that we provide.
Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Companies like us that gather and sell background information are called consumer reporting agencies. All consumer reporting agencies are required to operate in full compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), which is enforced by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and is designed to protect individuals by promoting accuracy and ensuring the privacy of the information gathered, sold and used. We operate in full compliance with the FCRA and the governing standards in our industry. We are also an insured, licensed and designated agent for the Social Security Administration and Immigration and Nationalization Services.
- Complying with the numerous rules and regulations that apply to background checks can be difficult. Providing you with background information on your applicant is not where our expertise ends. We offer candid advice and documentation to facilitate your decision-making process, guidelines to follow when using employment screening in your hiring process, examples of letters and correspondence and the forms necessary to comply with FCRA requirements.
- FCRA requirements for each applicant
- Guidelines for using background information
- Adverse action / derogatory letter and copy of report
- Rights and adverse action letter
- FCRA compliance information and resources
- English - FCRA Summary of Your Rights
- Spanish - FCRA Summary of Your Rights
- We operate in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), which prohibits employers from discriminating against people with disabilities who are qualified to perform essential job functions.
- We operate in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy rules, which protect individuals' private and protected health information and prevents unauthorized disclosure or marketing of the protected health information.