Our premium criminal package includes:
Description of contents:
- We utilize a nationwide network of researchers to locate public record information from more than 3,000 jurisdictions across the U.S. We search for felony and misdemeanor (where available) information to identify arrest or conviction data at the county courthouse. We review this data to verify full name, date of birth, Social Security number and driver's license number (when provided) in order to ensure that the applicant has been correctly identified, especially when he or she has a very common name.
- Occasional price exceptions for county-level criminal searches exist because roughly 3 percent of the counties in the U.S. demand payment for access to their criminal records. We do not mark up these government imposed file review fees.
- We search a statewide criminal database for felony and misdemeanor (where available) information to identify arrest or conviction data. This search is not available in all states and price and turnaround vary widely by state. Please contact us for further details about what available information in your state.
- We search the federal district criminal court for the types of convictions that are found at this level, such as interstate drug trafficking, arms violations, immigration violations and bank fraud. This is frequently excluded from a standard background check. Though the number of convictions located is low, the severity of the criminal activity makes this search a necessity for a diligent pre-employment criminal investigation.
Sex Offender Search
- We search a statewide registered sex offender database using your applicant's full name, date of birth and Social Security number. More than 32 states currently maintain registered sex offender databases.
Social Security Trace
- This trace acts as an identifier and reveals any alias names, as well as past and present addresses associated with the Social Security number. When used as a component of a larger screening package, this service proves to be highly effective in significantly increasing "hits" or criminal record discovery ratios by revealing information that may have been intentionally undisclosed by the applicant.
- NOTE: There exists a widely-held and mistaken belief that the Social Security trace actually verifies that your applicant is using their legitimate Social Security number. This is not true. Matching the Social Security number the applicant has presented with credit bureau records (sometimes referred to as "credit headers") does little more than reveal the additional identifying information, as discussed above. Only when used in conjunction with additional searches and verifications does the Social Security trace have impact.
- If your objective is to know with certainty that the Social Security number, alien card or other I-9 documents that your new hire has presented, are real, legitimate and verify the person you hired is eligible to work in the U.S., then you will want to request the SSA/INS verification.
Motor Vehicle Report (Driving History)
- We retrieve standard motor vehicle records going back at least three years to identify prior violations, accidents, criminal charges, suspensions, convictions, and license revocations. We also check for any restrictions on use and current license status.
- NOTE: In some states, convictions for driving under the influence will not be found on the criminal court record. But they will be revealed on the motor vehicle report.
- NOTE: In addition to the obvious reasons for using this service, this is a highly recommended search for any position associated with "fiduciary responsibilities," such as care, custody or control of company assets, equipment or supplies. This also includes "liable obligations" such as the safety and welfare of the public and fellow employees as a result of interaction during the course of performing a specific job. Even if the "fiduciary responsibilities" or "liable obligations" are not primary job functions, the liability is considerable and employers may wish to limit access to those positions to only employees with safe driving records.
Also includes the applicants' residence history for the past seven years.
Compare this to other packages