So you’re close to winning an ExxonMobil contract. Congratulations! Whether it’s ExxonMobil or another petrochemical giant, your employees who will work under this contract will be required to pass background checks and drug screenings before they are allowed to set foot on the project.
Meeting ExxonMobil or other compliance standards can be daunting for employers, especially those who have not gone through the process yet. Refineries have varying requirements that you will need to meet depending on their regulations, but most likely the following will be necessary:
- Grading: Grading takes into account each employee’s background screening result and applies a “grade” from 00 to 09 to the report. These grades are used to grant or deny the employee access to a refinery property and are based on each refinery’s specific regulations.
- Re-screening: You may have already screened your employees, but ExxonMobil and other companies require more extensive reports. Additional, annual, or bi-annual screening will most likely be required, especially when projects will be conducted over a long period of time.
- Breathalyzer Test: Many refineries now require a breathalyzer test along with the standard panel urinalysis with very specific testing levels through nationally recognized laboratories.
- Verified Employment History: Another standard is the verification of five years of verified working history from trustworthy sources. This must be verified without gaps and be reflected on background check reports.
- Exhibit N and Attachment A: If a refinery works specifically with National Compliance Management Companies, they will require exhibits and attachments processed accurately by the background screening company which must meet compliance and auditing standards.
With KRESS Employment Screening, these five requirements can be met in a timely manner so you can get to work. We have packages customized specifically to meet the standards of ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, Marathon, Chevron, BASF, Dow, and DuPont.
Schedule a consultation with one of our compliance experts today to learn more about our packages and get started on meeting petrochemical vendor requirements!